Frequently Asked Questions About Cookies
- What is a cookie?
- Can I stop the cookies from being set?
- What if my browser already accepts cookies and I still can’t log in?
- How do I make sure my browser isn’t rejecting cookies?
- Will another Web site be able to steal my ID and password?
- Can I look at my own cookie or delete it?
What is a cookie?
We use a cookie to allow you to log in to Hydrotech.com.au automatically without entering your user name and password each visit. When you save your user name and password and quit your browser, this information is stored in the cookie. Users of public computers should click Log Out at the top right of our home page at the end of each session.
Can I stop the cookies from being set?
Our system requires that you accept the cookies from Omega Industries to enter our Web site. You can tell a cookie comes from us if you see Omega Industries in the cookie notification. However, since our Web site might attempt to set this cookie several times during your visit, you might want to turn off the feature in your browser to notify you each time a cookie is set. Check your web browser’s Help option for instructions.
What if my browser already accepts cookies and I still can’t log in?
If you connecting to the Web through a proxy server (e.g., at work, school, or a governmental organisation) there might be an automatic setting that stops cookies set by the provider.
- Make sure your computer is accepting all cookies from Omega Industries via http and https. This can be done by adding Omega Industries to your list of trusted hosts.
- Make sure that you or someone else has not installed a program on your computer that automatically blocks all cookies.
- You might try to install another more recent version of the kind of browser you already have installed on your system, or try switching to a different browser to see if the issue persists.
- Check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to make sure that cookies aren’t automatically rejected before they get to you.
How do I make sure my browser isn’t rejecting cookies?
Check your web browser’s Help option for instructions on turning cookies off or on, usually found under the Privacy or Security headings.
Will another Web site be able to steal my user name and password?
No. Only Omega Industries can read the information about your user name and password. No other Web site has access to it through your browser. However, anyone who sits down at your computer can log on to our site using your information if you have chosen to save your user name and password on your computer. We recommend saving your sign-on only if your computer is in a secure location; if you are in a public place and want to make sure that your user name and password are not stored there, click Log Out on our home page.
Can I look at my own cookie or delete it?
In most modern web browsers, you can view all of your cookies through the Options or Preferences windows – look for a “Show Cookies” button. This option should also allow you to manually delete cookies.