Privacy at Hyrotech
At Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd we value the trust of our customers. To earn your trust, we respect your privacy in handling personal information relating to you and your transactions with us.
What we collect
We collect the following personal information:
- Customer name, address, contact details (including phone, fax and email) and trade references
- Names and addresses of the directors, proprietors and owners of corporate customers and any personal guarantors, which are collected as a part of our credit application processes
- Credit card details
- Ancillary to our core business activities, we also collect and maintain records of personal information. For example:
- Contractor name, address, licence, contact and emergency contact details which are used for the purposes of managing our various contractors in accordance with the requirements of our customers and our business requirements; and
- Potential employee resumes and contact details which are used as a part of the recruitment process for new employees.
How we use and collect personal information
The personal information is collected for the purposes of fulfilling your requests for products and services, performing the necessary credit checks in accordance with our credit application processes, marketing our goods and services (including direct marketing) and receiving payment. Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd may collect your personal information directly from you, when you place an order, where you access and interact with the website or with the Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd Customer Service or Credit team. Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd may also collect information about you that is publicly available including information from websites such as LinkedIn or other websites. There may be occasions when Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd collects personal information from a third party. For example, Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd may also collect personal information from credit reporting bodies and sales and marketing organisations such as Dunn & Bradstreet.
Who has access to personal information
Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd and related body corporates of Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd and contractors may have access to and use your personal information. Personal information may from time to time be retained on data storage systems owned and operated by these related body corporates or contractors in overseas locations in which Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd related body corporates or contractors operate.
The countries in which such recipients are likely to be located are available here.
What about cookies
Our websites utilise “cookies” to provide you with a more convenient shopping experience, such as remembering your login name and password, purchase history and maintaining items in your shopping cart if you leave the site before checkout.
Personal information is used by Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying you and for servicing our relationship with you. Your contact details may also be used by us for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence to you. You may make a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications.
Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information. We will not disclose personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles. Some examples of where use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles are:
- Use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- Use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or serious improper conduct
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings; or
- You have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to us disclosing the information about you.
As with most business organisations, Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd relies on third party suppliers (agents) to conduct specialised activities such as mail-outs and the dispatch of internet messages. These agents act on behalf of Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd and do not facilitate their own commercial agendas whilst processing your personal information. While personal information may be provided to these agents to enable them to perform their agreed tasks, such information remains the property of Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd at all times and the agent organisations involved may not use or disclose it for their own purposes. To “opt-out” of receiving marketing materials email us at email@example.com.
How to update your Personal Information and have access to it
We seek to keep personal information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, contact us and we will correct it.
On request we will provide you with access to the personal information we store about you, but only to the extent we are able by law, and are required under the Australian Privacy Principles.
If we are unable to give you the access requested, we will, if reasonable, consider whether the use of an intermediary would allow sufficient access to meet both our needs. We will also provide you with the reasons for our inability to give you the access requested.
How secure is the data collected
Hydrotech Ink Pty Ltd is committed to keeping secure the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration.
Changes to This Policy